Hello

Hello

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dreams are wierd.

Ok. So normally I wouldn't write about dreams that I have. But this one was just to real not to. As you may or may not know I was in Iraq in 07, and was hit with a roadside bomb. Of the 4 of us in the truck 3 of us survived. We lost a very good man that day and strong leader, I have had dreams about that day before and I know no matter what I will not forget that day. The dream I had last night was probably due to the fact that I am going to see his widow and 3 kids today. I have not actually met the kids aside from passing before he was killed. I am nervous, excited, and sad all at the same time. I have been in contact with his immediate family eversince I returned home from Iraq. And I cannot thank them enough for all the support they have given me over the past few years. It is an amazing family, very strong, great values and an ability to maintain such a positive outlook on life that it is amazing. The dream I had was basically as follows. I some how woke up and was apparently back in time, before we deployed to iraq. But somehow I already knew this and so I knew what was going to happen. We were at work at Ft. lewis it was evening and I wanted to tell the Sergeant Major about what was going to happen. I wanted to tell him not to go in the convoy that day. Knowing if he wasn't there that I would have more than likely been killed in his place. His sacrifice basically saved my life. I tried to warn him and he got upset at me for talking about his family like I knew them. Being that he was the sergeant major and I was a lower enlisted guy. Plus he never really mixed work and personal life stuff together. He walked away and I woke up.... but it was so real and so vivid that I don't know what it meant. I wish I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment