Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The District

Okay so been a month or so since I have posted anything, and if it weren't that I have problems remembering yesterday I would totally catch you all up on what I have been doing. Nothing too crazy. I went on a trip the East Coast to visit with some friends whom I haven't seen in quite some time. I started the week of madness on a golf course in Tacoma, Wa. At 10 am I show up and low and behold alot of my old fraternity brothers are there. We spend time catching up over some drinks and well some more drinks. That finished up after 18 holes of golf and who knows how many drinks. I wasn't able to stay for the dinner becuase, well I had a flight to catch. So I get back home and grab my bags change a shirt and I'm off. I spend the night flying to the other side of the states land in Boston, with a hangover and a mad case of cotton mouth. So first thing I grab a bottle of water and big ole yogurt from starbucks. I go to the departure board to find my flight. I see a flight to Raleigh but it just doesn't look like my flight. I go to the gate and of course no one is there. So I go find another gate and ask the lady to look up the flight I am supposed to be on. She finds it and kindly points me in the right directions... out of the terminal an to the other side of the airport.... I am slowly starting to dislike Boston's airport. I mosey on down to the proper area and as I am coming up on security I remember I still have a huge water and yogurt that I just bought.... so I proceed to wolf down the yogurt and down the bottle of water while I was in line. I get up to security and they have two lines well one line really. One for the body X-ray and one empty line for the metal detector. I walk up with my military ID in hand, the guy asks me what branch, even though it says on it then tells me I can skip the X-ray and go through metal detector. Which was good. I finally get to my gate and just want to veg out.... only the gate area smells like vomit. I was sick from the smell. Well then I get on the flight and land in Raleigh no problem. My friend picked me up and we went back to his place. Spent the next day or two there then myself and two friends and their wives drove up to DC. We get up there and meet up with my other friend that I am crashing with. I haven't seen him in over 5 years. So we stayed up till the wee hours catching up on life drinking a couple beers. Got up the next day and went to the natural history museum and the spy museum. It was fun kind of just walked around DC. That night I called another friend who lives in DC and told him I was in town, he tells me a mutual friend from WA is out staying with him. So all the guys end up going out and getting absolutly trashed, I ended up leaving the bar and going to Virginia in a cab. I woke up in a hotel room not really sure where I was the next day... I figured it out when I went to check out. I got on the subway and made my way back to my friends apartment. Needless to say I was quite hungover. That next day we just kind of bummed around the local area where we were staying. Then we all got ready to go to Georgetown that night. Its a neat little part of the city. Its been quite modernized but it still retains the old historicalness that makes it neat. We didn't get too crazy that night. I think we were still feeling it from the night before. Then the next morning we got up ate and left. I flew out the early morning flight from Raleigh, my friend was kind enough to drive all the way back to Raleigh only just a few hours after he drove all the way back to Fayettville from DC which is about 5 hours. I landed in Seattle at 11 am and found out that my bags stayed in Atlanta. Not to stoked about that. I can understand if my bags had to go to the other side of the airport and that I only had about a 20 min layover... no the plane I got off of and the plane I got on were literally next to each other. The two other people that were on the same flight didn't get their bags either. I don't get it, and I had over an hour layover. Oh well it got delivered that afternoon. Well I need to go to bed seeing as I am nursing a cold... Probably drank away my immune system this past week. Glad I don't do this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment