Hello

Hello

Friday, November 25, 2011

Bored... Tired.... Frustrated.



Well today is the day after Thanksgiving.  I had a pretty decent day yesterday, all in all.  I watched a movie, hung out and at my sweet MRE, and got to video chat with Gretchen.  I think it turned out well.  I am very bored though.  We aren't flying and the likely hood that we are going to anytime before we leave is pretty much none.  So on that note the frustration of why I came back to this place is compounding.  Sure I am getting paid to sit on my ass and do nothing, but I would much rather be home doing nothing than sitting here.  I can say that I truly despise this country.  I can say that I am starting to despise my job, apparently I am a glutton for punishment.  I have now worked with this particular system/company three times all with virtually the same feeling of utter disdain.  I came back this time because a friend asked me to, he said things had changed, that the product we have was better, that the people in the office were less retarded.  I know he didn't mean to lie to me, but he did.  Nothing has changed.  Yes it's a new system, yes it does work great when it works.  Key word there "WHEN"  Since I have gotten back with them all I have heard about is how the system keeps failing.  Then I get here and see it for myself.  What also amazes me is the fact that there are literally two parts of the office.  The people that use the plane and the people that can't understand why it is that something could possibly be wrong with their product.  These two sides rarely talk to each other.  Which I am no business guru but I am pretty sure that in a productive business the people that actually use the damn product should have their two cents put in, and I know they do from time to time, but it's not enough.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to be looking for a new job sooner than later.  I hate looking for work, but I really think that I need to start looking for something more stable less contracting and that keeps me home.  I had a pretty tough time leaving this time, I don't know why.  Maybe it was because I knew I was going to miss the holidays, maybe its because I have someone that I didn't want to leave.  I don't know but I do know that I am fed up with this BS.  I am tired of having my name attached to a product that has so much potential but fails on so many levels.  I don't get it, I know stuff fails, but seriously it should not be failing at the rate it does.  I don't have the answers, but then again its not my job to come up with the answers.  So on that note this will conclude my rant.  I am going to go find something to do, what, I don't know but I have to get out of this room.  And just for giggles I am going to attach a pic from the sunrise I saw this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment