Hello

Hello

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Another one bites the dust!

So yeah... I may or may not have had another plane eat the dirt...   There were extenuating circumstances that led up to this happening and some of those were new things that I had not run across before.  One of those being that when you trim an aircraft to make it fly level when you take another aircraft on that same box the trim is all messed up... I found this out when I had to take the plane today on landing.  It was coming in straight for landing, and it was quite high... so I told the pilot to kill the engine.  As I was going to land it manually.  Well as soon as I took it the plane did a crazy turn and dive due to the fact that I trimmed it for the other plane.... and well we almost lost the plane outside the wire.  It was good but bad all at the same time.  I don't know.. I had never run into that issue before and I need to figure out how to alleviate that problem in the future.
On another note I have been looking at other jobs.  I may need one after today... kidding, but seriously.  I have found a good potential job in Oregon, I would like that because I would be closer to home and not in the desert anymore.  I am awaiting word from them.  I may be home sooner than later.  I was originally supposed to be home at the end of April early May time frame.  Now it might be sooner than that due to a lack of funds.  The contract to my knowledge has not been renewed so therefore we will need to pack up and send all the stuff home starting in the next couple of weeks.  I guess its a good thing that I haven't purchased anything else online lately.  Although I can't say I am surprised at any of this, but it still sucks.  I did manage to get everything but the truck paid off though so that is good.  I will be able to pay off a decent chunk of it though and I need to make sure I set aside enough to fix whatever problems I may run into with it when I get home.

I am also going to be doing a Triathlon in September when I get home.  So that will be something new that I have never done before.  I think the biggest challenge will be the swimming portion... I am not the strongest swimmer and I will have to find a decent pool/lake when I get home to train in.  Although if I get the job I am looking at I will have the ocean right there to work in.  Well I think that is all I have on my mind at the moment.  So Happy Valentines Day and Peace I'm outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment