Hello

Hello

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just Like Riding a Bike!!!

Ok so after reading through some friends blogs and finally getting that bored I have decided to start one of my own. I also came to a slight epiphany today... the saying " Just like riding a bike". What happens when you go to ride said bike? Well you crash. I found this out not once but twice today. Apparently what I used to do and what I am capable of doing are two seperate items. I didn't hurt myself too bad, really just my pride and ego that were the most injured. I am sitting here in the beautiful country of Afghanistan and really I am just stuck on this base. Luckily its not super crowded and its not a tiny base so I do have some freedom to move around. Although cabin fever has set in many months ago... ok so I have only been here for 3 months but it set in none the less. I am set to go home in a couple weeks, and looking forward to it. Although I am not really sure what life has in store for me then. So for the mean time I will enjoy what I have and continue to get back on the bike. Although I have been put in time out by my co-workers... their excuse was that they don't want to have to explain to the boss why I am all laid up in the hospital. Its not like I am accident prone or anything... well ok so maybe a little. I am hoping that I can keep up on this blogging thing but who knows.
On a completly different note. I did get the crap scared out of me today. Sitting in the house and hear a noise of what sounds like an incoming rocket.... only this one was super loud. Kinda figured that it was game over, but soon after the first there was another and another and another... it almost sounded like a really low jet flying over our house. Ran out side and it was our side shooting rockets at who knows what but needless to say the heart rate was seriously up on that one. I have also found that I really don't like switching from night shifts to day shifts. I probably went to bed at 0230 and got woken up at 0430 from what I don't know. But I was wide awake. I haven't been back to sleep yet.... I do love sleep too. I am hoping to take a small nap today. But my dumbass drank an energy drink so I am going to have to wait for that to wear off before I try. Well until next time... keep riding that bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment